Join us aboard the SS American!
Next Spring, we will be performing Cole Porter's classic musical Anything Goes at the Hexagon Theatre in Reading.
The Cole Porter classics follows stowaway Billy Crocker on his whirlwind endeavour to win the heart of glamorous society heiress, Hope Harcourt, before the ship reaches port. With the hep of his friend Reno Sweeney, and several cases of mistaken identity, Billy rigs a plot to trick Hope's overbearing mother, her wealthy aristocratic fiance and the ship's Captain, so he can be alone with Hope and confess his love. But will it all go according to plan?
Awash with some of Cole Porter's best loved songs including: 'You're the Top', 'Friendship', 'It's De-Lovely' and the title song 'Anything Goes'.
If you would like to join us aboard the SS American as we cruise along this journey, our first rehearsal will be on Monday 6th November where our fabulous creative team will give us a feel for the show.
Of course a cruise ship needs crew as well as passengers! If you're interested in helping us in any way behind the scenes or with the technical equipment, please fill out our membership form or contact our membership secretary Anne Lowder on 0118 972 4464.
- Reno Sweeney Lorraine Cox
- Billy Stephen Cox
- Hope Harcourt Helen Thomas
- Sir Evelyn Brian Bretney
- Bonnie Louise Quelch
- Moon Steve Jewell
- Angels Catherine Hannah, Emily Hiscock, Lucy Hutson, Emma Reeves and Hannah Scarisbrick-Rowe
- Mrs Harcourt Hilary Latimer
- Whitney Michael Schult
- Captain Rob Latimer
- Purser Katie Wise
- Steward Chris Thomas
- Ching Gareth Wells
- Bishop Federico Donati
- Reporter Jessamy Vincent
- Cameraman Sara El-Hanfy
- Chorus Gemma Bagshaw, Joshua Bethel, Emma Bradbury, Godfrey Chigona, Federico Donati, Sara El-Hanfy, Kelly Herman, Chris Howard, Rob Latimer, Joanne O'Mahoney, Denise Schult, Chris Thomas, Jessamy Vincent, Gareth Wells, Katie Wise.
Tickets will be on sale soon. Keep an eye on our website or our Facebook page for updates.
Join us at the Hexagon Theatre, Reading, Wednesday 16th May to Saturday 19th May 2018 and enjoy a rip-roaring musical that will tug at your heartstrings and leave you dancing in the aisles. It’s delightful, delicious and delovely!
For tickets visit www.readingarts.com/hexagon or call 0118 9606060.
- Tickets £20 including Hexagon booking fee
- Wednesday 16th May - Friday 18th May 2018, 7.30pm - £3 off concessions, Wednesday 3 for 2 (no concessions)
- Saturday 19th May matinee at 2.30pm - £3 off concessions
- Saturday 19th May evening at 7.30pm - £8 off concessions.
To avoid booking fees, for the 3 for 2 offer and for group booking (20% off for 10+) contact the Society Ticket Officer on 0118 988 2510